New edition of the «ATHEX ESG Reporting Guide»
|March 1st 2022|
|New edition of the «ATHEX ESG Reporting Guide»|
The Athens Stock Exchange in the context of its continuous actions to promote sustainable investments in the Greek capital market announces the publication of the new edition of the ATHEX ESG Reporting Guide 2022.
In order to meet market and regulatory driven demands, the Athens Stock Exchange conducted a review of the ESG Reporting Guide 2019 and updated the content and metrics according to recently published or amended standards and legislations (SFDR, Taxonomy, GRI Standards 2021, TCFD, HCG Code 2021 etc.).
The updated version provides additional information on relevant ESG reporting guidelines and regulations. More specifically, certain metrics have been revised where necessary and/or promoted from the ‘advanced' to the ‘core' section or from the ‘sector-specific' to the ‘advanced' section based on new requirements from different legislations or industry trends. In addition, new metrics have been added to all three sections, ‘core', ‘advanced' and ‘sector-specific', accordingly.
The review of the Guide in 2022 highlights ATHEX's objective to continuously enhance the resources available to Greek companies, in order to successfully meet the emerging requirements regarding the ESG disclosure.
The Guide is also a useful tool for non-listed companies of all sizes, across all sectors, in purposes of enhancing the transparency in matters of sustainable entrepreneurship.
The revision of the Guide is part of the ESG actions undertaken by the Athens Stock Exchange:
- since 2018, with its participation in the Sustainable Stock Exchanges (SSE) initiative of the United Nations,
- the publication of the first edition of the Guide in 2019, which significantly contributed to the improvement and standardization of the ESG information provided by listed companies,
- the creation of the ATHEX ESG Index in August 2021, which was based on the results of the study carried out by NKUA in collaboration with HFAMA and the Athens Stock Exchange, regarding the ESG performance of listed companies (FY 2019),
- conducting specialized seminars for the training of the members of the Boards of Directors and the Senior Executives of the companies in ESG issues from 2021,
- and the creation in 2022 of the information hub "ATHEX BONDS GREENet" giving the opportunity to issuers of bonds related to sustainable investments to promote to the investment community the ESG principles of the issuance, as well as to investors access to concentrated and therefore easily comparable information which is related to issuers' ESG activity.
The Guide is published at this time, in order to be taken into account by the companies for the preparation the non-Financial disclosure FY 2021.Soon, the Athens Stock Exchange will organize a Webinar for the presentation of the new version of the Guide.
Download the Press Release
New Listings Prospectuses
Laws and Regulations
Απόφαση 5 Technical terms and procedures for the provision of the Settlement Service 20022023
Resolution No 22 Regulation of Technical Matters for Trading on ATHEX Markets 01032023
Resolution 8 Technical terms and procedures for the provision of the Registry, Corporate and Other Related Actions Service 20022023
Resolution No. 21 Provision of technology services by ATHEX 06032020
Resolution No.17 Stock Lending 31012023
Resolution No. 24 as ammended on 22122022
Resolution 20 Operational issues of the Users Committee 31012023
Απόφαση 12 Technical procedures and schedule for derivatives clearing 30012023
Resolution 16 Technical terms and procedures for the Service of Provision Information on Securities 19122022
Resolution 14 Technical terms and procedures for the provision of Information Technology Services (IT) 19122022
- HCMC - Hellenic Capital Market Commission
- HBA - Hellenic Bank Association
- ΣΕΠΕΥ - Σύνδεσμος Εταιρειών Παροχής Επενδυτικών Υπηρεσιών
- SMEXA - Association of Members of the Athens Exchange
- BoG - Bank of Greece
- ESMA - European Securities Markets Authority
- ECSDA - European Central Securities Depositories Association
- HFAMA - Hellenic Fund and asset Management Association
- FESE - Federation of European Stock Exchanges
- WFE - World Federation of Exchanges
|75 30 14 33|