Characteristics - Methodology - Composition ATHEX ESG Index
|Characteristics - Methodology - Composition ATHEX ESG Index|
- Index Characteristics
- Number of Constituents: 60
- Index Type: Weight Capitalization
- Starting Price: 1,000units
- Start of Calculation: 02/08/2021
- Review: Semi annually (May, November)
- Capping: Semi annually (June, December)
- ESG Evaluation
Utilizes the Study / Evaluation of the "Laboratory of Investment Applications" of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens for the degree of adoption by ATHEX listed companies of ESG actions as they refer to the published non-financial information according to the "ESG Information Disclosure Guide" of ATHEX.
- Eligibility Criteria
- Companies listed on ATHEX Main Market
- Minimum free float greater than 15%
- ESG scoring greater than or equal to 0.30
- Selection Process
- Companies fulfilling the eligibility criteria are ranked in descending order based on their ESG scoring
- The first 60 companies of the rank are included in the index composition
- 35 companies will participate in the initial composition of the index
- Weight Process
- A methodology is adopted for determining the weight of each constituent in the total capitalization of the index which takes into account the ESG score of each constituent.
- The capitalization of each company is weighted with a factor resulting from the product of the Free Float with the ESG score
- Maximum weight of each constituent up to 10% of the total capitalization of the index (Capping Process)
About Athens Exchange Group
The Athens Stock Exchange since its establishment in 1876, consistently participate in the financial and business developments in the country.
Athens Exchange Group (ATHEX Group), provides support to the Greek Capital Market. ATHEX Group operates the organized Equities and Derivatives markets, the alternative market and performs clearing and settlement of trades.
The Athens Stock Exchange, through its markets, offers solutions and financing tools to businesses, expands investor choice by providing a safe, stable and easy environment in full alignment with international practices and the European regulatory framework.
In a period that the role of stock markets in exploring alternative ways of financing business, at a European level, is significantly enhanced, the Athens Exchange Group has taken a series of initiatives to highlight the attractiveness of the Greek Capital Market and the Greek companies to the international investment community and expand the variety of investment opportunities.
Its shares are traded on the Main Market of the Athens Exchange (Symbol: EXAE).
New Listings Prospectuses
Laws and Regulations
|50 63 12 22|